Building Strategic Alliances
With Karen Ray
This one-day workshop focuses on the practices for successful collaboration. During discussions, practicums and lectures participants will discover:
- when to collaborate and when to walk away
- the power of focusing on results, resiliency and relationships
- how to get accountability from your partners
- what to do when conflict emerges
- specific techniques for dealing with turfism and hidden agendas
- skills necessary for building cooperation, alliances and collaborations
- methods to deal with funding and financing pressures
- how to structure your partnership.
This workshop is participative and focused on the rural environment for collaboration among non-profit, education and government organizations. Lectures include Powerpoint slides. A tool for measuring the current developmental stage of an existing collaboration is available. This tool helps participants discover what specific development tasks need to be accomplished next. Sharing best practices and addressing real-life problems are the core of the curriculum.
Karen Ray is an author and independent consultant in the field of organizational development. She authored "the Nimble Collaboration" and co-authored the award-winning handbook "Collaboration, Creating, Sustaining and Enjoying the Journey". Ray is known for active, highly participative sessions that focus on real-time problems and potential solutions. During the last 21 years she's developed a strong reputation for process facilitation. Karen Ray Associates has been helping agencies and their Boards grow and strengthen since 1983. While working with Board members or agency staff, the focus is on leadership, collaboration, conflict management, problem-solving approaches and customer relations.
|7:15 Am to Noon at the following locations
||AmericInn, Ashland Wisconsin
||Holiday Inn, Duluth, Minnesota
||Central Lakes College