General Policy. When you visit www.northwoodsnonprofits.org, we do not collect any personally identifiable information about you unless you specifically provide it to us. Your visit is logged by a statistics program, which keeps aggregate records of standard web measurements. This technology does not identify you personally - it simply helps us compile statistics about our guests and their use of our site. We use these statistics and share them with third parties to improve our Web site design and content and in connection with marketing programs.
Your Personal Information. At www.northwoodsnonprofits.org, we only collect personally identifiable information about you to the extent you specifically provide it to us. For example:
- In the Informational site, we require contact information in order to be able to respond to your questions and inquiries.
- In the Informational site, your given the options to sign-up for newsletters, email specials and information where we then capture your email address for those purposes only.
Except for credit and credit card information, we may use the information you share with us:
- to provide information you request, OR
- to improve the content of our site and enhance your Web site experience, or
- To advise you of upcoming opportunities related to nonprofit management
We will NOT share your information with third parites. You will note that any information you submit online for the directory and other listings will be available to other nonprofits and the public.
Children. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13.
Credit Card Policy
Security of your personal information is our primary concern. Northwoods Nonprofits has put security measures in place to prevent against loss, misuse, or alteration of the personal information we gather, including credit card information. Our servers use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), an advanced encryption technology that works with Netscape Navigator (version 2.0 and above), Microsoft Internet Explorer (version 3.0 and above), and AOL (AOL 3.0 and above). Access to our servers and server logs are restricted to the authorized Northwoods Nonprofits personnel who must agree to uphold and enforce this security policy.